Know the code and be safe on the mountain
To have a a fun and successful day on the mountain, it is key to be courteous and use common sense while skiing or riding.
Be aware that there are inherit risks to snowsports and these risks can be greatly reduced by following the code below. It is your responsibility to know the code!
The Responsibility Code:
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.